A private cay for your day
The sparkle of the sun kissing the Caribbean Sea, the soft white sand beneath your feet: a romantic setting for a destination wedding in Roatan. Whether you’re searching for an ideal place for a Caribbean wedding for just the two of you, or you’re envisioning a beach wedding with a group of family and friends, Barefoot Cay Resort can make your wedding dreams come true. All you need to bring is the bride and groom; we’ll take care of the rest. With a maximum occupancy of 26, you may have an entire resort to yourself for your wedding celebration! Larger groups (up to 60) can easily be accommodated for the ceremony and reception, with additional guests staying at a nearby alternate resort. All Private Island weddings at Barefoot Cay are only available when booked in conjunction with a minimum stay of 3 nights for all wedding guests. Simplicity weddings can be arranged for non-resort guests: a $60 per person day pass fee applies.
Package 1: Simplicity
Perfect for an intimate wedding for just the two of you, or for a vow renewal. Includes wedding coordinator, officiant for blessing ceremony, site decoration of greenery and tropical blooms, bridal bouquet of tropical flowers and boutonniere for the groom, bottle of champagne for toasting after ceremony, 6′ round wedding cake decorated with tropical blooms, 1-hour photography including unedited disc of images, and romantic dinner for two on the beach, complete with tiki torches. $1,000 including tax and basic gratuity.
Package 2: Share the Love
Bring a few of your closest friends and family to share your special day, ideal for groups of up to 12 people, including the bride and groom. Includes wedding coordinator, decoration of aisle and site (choose from circle of greenery and flowers, or bamboo arch with draped material), including tropical blooms, chairs with chair covers and chair ties, bridal bouquet of tropical flowers and boutonniere for groom, officiant for blessing ceremony, steel pan band for bride’s entry and following ceremony (1 hour total), 2-hr photography including unedited disc of images, champagne for toasting, appetizers, 1 tier cake, 3 course wedding dinner with special wedding table set up in the Lookout Lounge or garden pergola. $2,000 for 6 people, $2,200 for 8 people, $2,400 for 10 people, and $2,600 for 12 people, including tax and basic gratuity.
Package 3: ‘Exclusively Yours’ Private Island Wedding
Celebrate the wedding of your dreams on your own private island, with free accommodations for the bride and groom!**(conditions apply) Barefoot Cay includes a private 4-acre cay, and groups of 26 have the entire resort to themselves. The resort is a secluded paradise, with two beachfront one-bedroom bungalows and two beachfront two-bedroom villas, as well as three oceanview studio lofts and two oceanview two-bedroom loft suites. Contact us for the pricing options available for your guests – accommodations only as well as inclusive rates are available.
The Exclusively Yours Private Island Package is $6,000 including tax and basic gratuities, and includes:
• Wedding Coordinator services to help you plan your perfect day
• Romance Package for the bride and groom (champagne and flowers in your room on arrival, breakfast in bed on day, a romantic dinner for 2 on your porch, and a couples’ massage on the palapa)
• Welcome Reception upon arrival at Barefoot Cay with appetizers and welcome drinks for 26 people
• Decoration of wedding aisle and site, including tropical blooms
• Bouquet of tropical blooms for the bride, boutonniere for the groom
• Smaller bouquet of tropical blooms for the maid of honor, boutonniere for the best man
• Officiant for blessing ceremony (for a legal wedding, additional charges apply)
• Guitar soloist or Steel Pan Band for bride’s entry and following ceremony (1 hour total)
• 3 hours professional photography including edited disc of images
• 2 hours professional videography including edited video on disc
• 6 bottles of champagne for toasting and an array of appetizers following the ceremony
• Three course dinner for 26 people including dining area set with wedding linens
• 6 bottles of house wine
• 2 drink tickets per person for 26 (choice of beer, mixed drinks, or soda)
• 3-tier wedding cake
• Reggae Singer or DJ (up to 4 hours)
• Firedance performance
Pricing is based on 26 people including bride and groom, and does not include accommodations. For additional guests, add $500 per additional 4 people, which includes extra champagne, appetizers, dinner, wine, and drinks.
**Free stay in a beachfront bungalow for the bride and groom is only valid when booking all the resort accommodations for a minimum period of one week (regular rates apply for stays shorter than 7 nights). Free stay includes inclusive plan if all guests are booked on an inclusive plan, and accommodations only if guests book accommodations only. Our small, private marina may have a few guests who could be present at the resort pool or dining area. The marina and cay are not open to the general public, so you are assured of privacy.
Package add-on: Legal Wedding
The wedding costs include blessing ceremony only. Legal wedding requirements are extensive here, and most our wedding couples prefer to do their legal wedding in their country of origin, and have their blessing ceremony here. If you opt to do your legal wedding here as well, legal marriage costs are $350. The legal marriage requirements include:
• a valid passport (or your cedula for Honduran citizens)
• occupation of bride and groom
• a certified copy of your birth certificate
• blood test – AIDS screening and blood type
• letter attesting to single status that has been prepared by a city official in your country of citizenship that has been authenticated by the Honduran Embassy in your country. If you have been married previously, a divorce certificate plus letter of single status needed to be supplied
• two witnesses with valid passports, cannot be relatives (we can help you with this if just the two of you are coming)
The birth certificates and letter of single status must have a Spanish translation provided, which has been professionally translated and stamped.
Most of this paperwork has to be submitted to the City Hall in Roatan at least 2 weeks before the wedding, so this information can be faxed down for submission (and then they’ll need the originals when you arrive).
Customize Your Wedding
Your Caribbean wedding should be a unique reflection fo the couple exchanging vows. All of our packages are easily customizable, so let us know what you’d like to add in or take out for your own special signature. Whether you’d like to have a steel pan band perform, have fire dancers, live reggae music, head out on a sunset sail, or get married underwater, we can help to make your wedding dreams come true. Other options include wedding dinner and rehearsal dinner, pampering for the bride and her bridesmaids with our spa services, extended photography packages, videography services, and several other choices of live entertainment. Weddings at Barefoot Cay Resort are only available when booked with a 3 night minimum stay.
Free Anniversary Stay
Barefoot Cay brides and grooms receive extra-special treatment throughout the planning process right through to the ceremony, reception, honeymoon, and even future anniversaries. Couples who have their wedding ceremony at Barefoot Cay receive a complimentary stay during their wedding anniversaries spent at the resort: with 6 paid nights, the 7th night is free!
Contact our Wedding Planner
Contact us at Info@BarefootCay.com to start planning your destination wedding in Roatan.
When your wedding is over, and your life together officially begins… you are already in one of the most beautiful and romantic places on earth to enjoy your honeymoon! See our Roatan Honeymoons page.
Recommended Photo & Video Service Providers
All wedding photos were taken onsite at Barefoot Cay Resort in Roatan, Honduras. To look at wedding portfolios of recommended photographers, visit Roatan Images, Roatan Photography, Roatan WS and Tim Blanton Productions for videography and photography . My Roatan Wedding offers photo, video and DJ services. We’ll help make all the arrangements for you, so just let us know if there’s a particular provider that you’d prefer.